what to take on vacation to Crete?
Holiday house VILLA LIMANI recommends to take these items on your vacation to Crete:
How much money to take on vacation to Crete for a week ?
- Take care because in many restaurants and bars you cannot pay with card. There are sufficient cash machines but withdrawal cost 3€ each time and sometimes they are empty or limited cash withdrawal available. For one week I would advice to bring between 500 and 1000€ cash excluding the cost of a rental car.
- ID card, take also a copy or scan in case of loss
- Drivers license(in case you rent a vehicle)
- Keys and remote control of your home
- Decoder of your banks ; KBC ING BNPparisbasFORTIS or others
What medication to take on vacation to Greece?
- At villa Limani there is an extended "first aid kit" with basic medication at our guests disposal. But don't forget to take specific personal medication.
- Most of the medication is cheap in Greece and available without prescription in the farmacies (also in VAMOS). for example for diaria ERSEFURYL is very powerful and available in Greece.
- Ibiprofen, Dafalgan, Stomage-protection
- Although there are little number of musqitos, there could be some at sunset when there is little wind. Medication for bites is available in the villa but not for prevention.
- smart phone - at preference with google maps ( use it as GPS )
- iPad or PC
- Don't forget the chargers
- Photo camera for the holiday pics
- swimming glasses, airdops (sun and water could cause ear infections)
- swimming shorts / bikini (2x)
- Towels for the beach ( towels for the bathroom and the pool at the villa are provided )
- Beach bag
- sunglasses (UV 400 or higher)
- Sun protection creme ; at least a factor 20 and for children factor 50.
- Don't use OILS in the pool, they leave a dark substance at the border of the pool that is very difficult to remove.
- cap or hat
- sunblock of the lips and nose or weak/burned spots
Bathing / washing
- Shower and bathing gel/soap
- Personal bathing stuff, tooth brush and shaving stuff
- Two hairdryers are provided, if needed bring your own curler or straightener
- a few dishwasher tablets are provided, depending on your intentions to cook bring some extra.
- washing tablets (1 is provided)
What clothes to pack for Greece in the summer?
- Jacket or pul-overl (can be chilly in the evening)
- extra pair of shoes, walking shoes, sport shoes, slippers at the pool, water shoes for pebble beaches or when snorkeling
- one long pants
- lots of shorts, shirts, T-shirts, short and long dresses,
- during summer it is rear that it rains.
Don't forgets : for when you leave your home at your property:
- to Block your garage doors, windows and doors.
- Install a few time switches on some lights to simulate movement in your house
- adapt your heating, warm water production or other automated systems.
- install a battery charger on the battery of your car, when you stay away for long time
- empty the post box and put a sticker NO PUBLICITY